This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8729 / 50°52'22"N
Longitude: 0.0118 / 0°0'42"E
OS Eastings: 541646
OS Northings: 110084
OS Grid: TQ416100
Mapcode National: GBR KQ2.9S4
Mapcode Global: FRA B6XS.NFQ
Entry Name: Former Stables to School Hill House
Listing Date: 25 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043681
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293474
Location: Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Lewes
Built-Up Area: Lewes
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lewes St Thomas at Cliffe with Lewes All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
In the entry for
TQ 4110 SE LEWES WALWERS LANE
Former stables to School
Previous listing date "25.2.52" shall be added
TQ 4110 SE LEWES WALWER'S LANE
10/483 (east side)
Former stables to School Hill
Stable block, now office. C18 with C19 alterations, converted to office in
C20. Knapped flint with red brick quoins, bands and window dressings.
Slate hipped roof. Front to Walwer's lane: 2 storeys with various red brick
bands and stack in gable to left of centre. Cant in facade to right of centre.
Irregular fenestration of 4 windows on both floors, those on ground floor blocked,
and that on first floor to right a loading-hatch with paired boarded doors.
East front: End pediment gables. Moulded cornice. 6 window first floor, 4
window ground floor, with doors to left and right of centre. Slight end
projections. Segment-headed dormer to right of centre. North front:
weather-boarded on first floor with 2 sets of coach-house doors below.
Listing NGR: TQ4164610084
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings