This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8728 / 50°52'22"N
Longitude: 0.0063 / 0°0'22"E
OS Eastings: 541262
OS Northings: 110060
OS Grid: TQ412100
Mapcode National: GBR KQ2.8F6
Mapcode Global: FRA B6XS.L9C
Entry Name: The Round House
Listing Date: 29 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043743
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293330
Location: Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Lewes
Built-Up Area: Lewes
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lewes St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 4110 SW LEWES PIPE PASSAGE
9/345 (west side)
The Round House
Mill base, now house. 1802, the mill later removed to the foot of Race Hill,
1835, and the base later converted into a house. Flint with red brick bands
and dressings. Slate low-pitched roof. Octagonal in plan with
pronounced batter to walls. One and a half storeys with semi-dormers and
red brick stack at apex of roof. Glazing bar sashes on ground floor,
sliding sashes in alternate faces of octagon above. Entrance to south in
high, deep segment-headed recess. Attached to the west a C19 extension.
Formerly the home of the novelist, Virginia Woolf.
Listing NGR: TQ4126210060
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings