This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8721 / 50°52'19"N
Longitude: 0.0028 / 0°0'10"E
OS Eastings: 541017
OS Northings: 109981
OS Grid: TQ410099
Mapcode National: GBR KQ2.7JQ
Mapcode Global: FRA B6WS.QX9
Entry Name: 120 and 121, High Street
Listing Date: 25 February 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043807
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293187
Location: Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Lewes
Built-Up Area: Lewes
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lewes St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 4109 NW LEWES HIGH STREET
14/205 (south side)
25.2.52 Nos 120 & 121
House, later St Michael's Rectory, now divided. Early C18 with later C18 cladding
and later C19 extension to right. Glazed mathematical tiles on grey brick plinth
with grey brick extension to right. Rusticated stuccoed quoins and coved wooden
cornice to plain tiled half-hipped roof with 2 large stacks behind ridge and 3
pediment-gabled dormers. 2 storeys and attics, with single storey extension to
right. Regular 5 window front, with single bay to right-hand extension.
Entrance central to main block, with panelled door, transom light and Doric
pilaster surround topped by triangular pediment. Stone-dressed three-light
window with cornice-hood on brackets and central triangular pediment to extreme
right at between floor-level, with panelled door in Doric pilaster surround with
triangular pediment below and to left.
Listing NGR: TQ4102009980
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings