This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8736 / 50°52'25"N
Longitude: 0.0176 / 0°1'3"E
OS Eastings: 542049
OS Northings: 110175
OS Grid: TQ420101
Mapcode National: GBR KQ2.58J
Mapcode Global: FRA B6XS.QMZ
Entry Name: Harper and Eede Warehouse
Listing Date: 29 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043845
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293078
Location: Lewes, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Lewes
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Lewes St Thomas at Cliffe with Lewes All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 4109 NE LEWES FOUNDRY LANE
15/96 (west side)
Harper and Eede Warehouse
Maltings, now warehouse. Early C19. Flint with red brick quoins, banding
and dressings on brick-dressed flint plinth. Slatehung second floor on
south range. Pyramidally-hipped slate roof to maltings at north end
with slate nipped ridge roof to longer stowage range to south. 2 storeys to
maltings, 3 to stowage. One window over two on maltings and three windows
on all floors of stowage. Central double doors on second floor to east.
Doubled doors on second floor to east. Double doors to north on ground
floor of stowage. Gabled hoist-house on second floor at north end.
Formerly the malthouse for the Monk Brewery, later used as store for the
Gas Company. Partial survival of kiln including grating at bottom at north
end. Building opposite, (not listed), has datestone reused of 1822 inserted
in building of 1929, perhaps the date of more brewery buildings.
Listing NGR: TQ4204910175
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings