This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8644 / 50°51'51"N
Longitude: 0.0686 / 0°4'7"E
OS Eastings: 545672
OS Northings: 109244
OS Grid: TQ456092
Mapcode National: GBR LRH.L6B
Mapcode Global: FRA C61T.6LF
Entry Name: Trevor House
Listing Date: 27 September 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043920
English Heritage Legacy ID: 292946
Location: Glynde, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Glynde
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Glynde St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TQ 4509 31/528
Originally called Glynde Farm. Central portion C17 or earlier. Its north
wall is tile hung with a tiled roof and casement windows. The north-west wing
is C18. Ground floor red brick, above stuccoed. Tiled roof. Sash windows
with glazing bars intact. The north-east wing is early C19. Wholly stuccoed.
Slate roof. The west wing is C18. Red brick. Tiled roof. Two storeys and
attic. Five windows facing north-east, three windows facing north-west.
John Ellman, the agriculturalist who improved the breed of Southdown sheep,
lived here from 1780-1829. Field-Marshal Lord Wolseley occupied the house
from about 1895 to 1902 when he was Commander-in-Chief of the Army.
Listing NGR: TQ4567209244
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings