This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7729 / 50°46'22"N
Longitude: 0.1 / 0°6'0"E
OS Eastings: 548170
OS Northings: 99136
OS Grid: TV481991
Mapcode National: GBR LSP.G3P
Mapcode Global: FRA C731.DSX
Entry Name: Seaford Railway Station
Listing Date: 14 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044019
English Heritage Legacy ID: 292613
Location: Seaford, Lewes, East Sussex, BN25
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Seaford
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Sutton with Seaford
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
1/57 Seaford Railway
Railway station, terminus of the line from Lewes of the former London
Brighton and South Coast Railway. 1860. Painted stucco cement, slate roofs.
2 storey centre, single storey wings, Italianate style. Centre block has
2-3-2 windows. Ground floor has 3 bay centre with 2 arched headed sashes,
off centre arched door; wings have 2 ground and 2 first floor segmental
headed windows, repeated as 3 in centre 3 bays: all 4 pane plate glass
sashes. Canopy on brackets with balance to 3 centre bays. Modillion bracket
cornice, returned hipped gables, 2 stuccoed stalks. Single storey wings
with straight headed and segmental headed openings modillion cornice,
single tall stalk to both wings. Platform canopy of 9 bays with cast-iron
columns with simplified stiff - leaf style capitals branching into stanchions
with roundels in spandrels. Round headed windows. Included as an example
of an unaltered and still complete example of terminus station building
with its canopies.
Listing NGR: TV4817099136
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings