History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II Listed Building in Tilford, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.1812 / 51°10'52"N

Longitude: -0.7525 / 0°45'8"W

OS Eastings: 487295

OS Northings: 143177

OS Grid: SU872431

Mapcode National: GBR DBK.W0L

Mapcode Global: VHDY8.XK2W

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 2 January 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1044412

English Heritage Legacy ID: 291603

Location: Tilford, Waverley, Surrey, GU10

County: Surrey

District: Waverley

Civil Parish: Tilford

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Tilford

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Farnham

Listing Text

SU 84SE TILFORD C.P. TILFORD ROAD

4/94 Church of All Saints

II

Church. 1867 by Ewan Christian in C13 style. Bargate stone rubble with stone quoins
and dressings, under plain tiled roofs with ridge cresting. Nave and south aisle
with chancel to east, vestry to south east and porch to north; stone bell-cote to
west end. Simple two-light and roundel window to west end of north wall, three-
light and single lancet windows to remainder of church under continuous hood mouldings.
Plate tracery to east window. Large gabled porch to north, stone on battering plinth
with timber upper part pierced by quatrefoils. Cusped bargeboards and billeted tie-
beams. Simple moulding to arched north door.
Interior:- Chamfered,square pier arcade with chamfered arches dying into imposts.
Chamfered chancel arch on respond pillar corbels. Panelled chancel roof.
C19 fittings: Round stone pulpit of massive proportions with octafoil decoration.
Massive, round stone font on octagonal stem and step plinth. Late Victorian stained
glass, east window by Puvell, aisle and nave windows by Kempe.

PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) p.488.


Listing NGR: SU8729543177

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.