This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1858 / 51°11'8"N
Longitude: -0.6166 / 0°36'59"W
OS Eastings: 496780
OS Northings: 143863
OS Grid: SU967438
Mapcode National: GBR FD2.LXK
Mapcode Global: VHFVT.8GC9
Entry Name: Salvation Army Meeting Hall
Listing Date: 21 August 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044475
English Heritage Legacy ID: 291460
Location: Godalming, Waverley, Surrey, GU7
Civil Parish: Godalming
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Godalming
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
GODALMING MINT STREET
SU 9643 NE
12/177 (north side)
21.8.90 No 18 (avation Army
Former chapel. Early C19, added to and altered 1930 (J Janaway pers comm).
Bargate rubblestone with brick dressings, the front of painted brick in Flemish
bond. Concealed roof, of corrugated iron. 2 storeys, 3 x 3 bays, gable-end to
road, the front bay an addition and the rear bays heightened at the time of this
addition. Plinth; rusticated quoins; corniced 1st floor band bearing legend
'The Salvation Army'; eaves entablature and pediment. Central double door of 6
raised and fielded panels in raised surround. Windows have architraves and C20
2-light windows, the taller 1st-floor openings with blocked bases. Rear:
quoins; 3 round-arched windows, central one partly blocked. Right return: 3
tall round-arched windows, with tympana blocked and later 8-pane windows. Left
return: central window as right-return windows. The building was a Congre-
gational Chapel in the 1830s and more recently a Salvation Army meeting hall.
In state of disrepair at time of inspection.
Listing NGR: SU9677943864
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings