This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1881 / 51°11'16"N
Longitude: -0.5833 / 0°34'59"W
OS Eastings: 499102
OS Northings: 144156
OS Grid: SU991441
Mapcode National: GBR FD3.HB6
Mapcode Global: VHFVT.TDZL
Entry Name: Unstead Park House
Listing Date: 9 March 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044550
English Heritage Legacy ID: 291252
Location: Bramley, Waverley, Surrey, GU7
Civil Parish: Bramley
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Bramley
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 94SE BRAMLEY C.P. MUNSTEAD HEATH ROAD
4/54 Unstead Park House
House, now nursing home. Built by Mr Parry c.1780(originally called Farley Hill.)
Dun coloured gault brick with stone dressings and low pitched slate roofs, hipped.
Two storeys with attic in pediment and parapets, stone coped, partly obscuring the
roof. String course over ground floor and plinth below. Three storeys over base-
ment to rear. Multiple stacks to left and right of centre, further stacks to
extension set back to left. Three bay main block with central pedimented bay
projecting slightly with lunette in tympanum. One 12-pane glazing bar sash window
to each outer bay on the first floor, three sash windows to centre, all under
gauged brick heads. Venetian windows to ground floor outer bays with Adam style
fan decoration over the centre light and festoon carved entablatures over the side
lights. Acanthus leaf capitals to columns attached to window mullions. Simple 12-
pane glazing bar sash windows to centre flanking paved three-quarter glazed doors
under traceried fanlight and dentilled pediment on attached half-columns and
dosserets. C19 decoration in the spandrels. A flight of five steps to the main
doors with square newel posts and balustrade to either side. C19 wing set back to
left with pedimented centre break and roundel window. Plate glass sashes with
gauged brick heads. Rear:- five bays with 12-pane glazing bar sash fenestration
and central square portico.
Interior:- Contemporary chimney pieces and doors. The house occupied by
Lord John Russell while out of office during Peel's Ministry of 1841-6.
Listing NGR: SU9910244156
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings