History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Dippenhall Grange

A Grade II Listed Building in Farnham, Surrey

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2123 / 51°12'44"N

Longitude: -0.8352 / 0°50'6"W

OS Eastings: 481456

OS Northings: 146539

OS Grid: SU814465

Mapcode National: GBR C8Q.ZLY

Mapcode Global: VHDY1.GSTK

Entry Name: Dippenhall Grange

Listing Date: 29 December 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1044632

English Heritage Legacy ID: 290919

Location: Farnham, Waverley, Surrey, GU10

County: Surrey

District: Waverley

Civil Parish: Farnham

Traditional County: Surrey

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey

Church of England Parish: Wrecclesham

Church of England Diocese: Guildford

Find accommodation in
Farnham

Listing Text

1099 DIPENHALL
Dipper hall Grange
SU 84 NW 11/350
II

Remodelled farm11ouse; a photograph of the garden front of the original building exists Deans Farm bought in 1920; remodelling of Deans Farmhouse carried out by Harold Falkner and the name of the farmhouse subsequently changed to "Dippenhall Grange". Garden front facing south of 2 storeys, 5 bays of early to mid Cl8 style. Brick cladding; brick stringcourse; capped parapet. Segmental headed 3 panes wide sash windows with architrave frames; brick voussoirs. Glazed door; shell hood on carved trusses. Falmer refaced the original 3-bay-core and added the 2 bays at the west end.
Entrance front facing east of clunch with brick dressings; sash windows, irregularly arranged. 6-panelled door with double side-lights; flat moulded hood on trusses. Relatively unaltered by Falkner.
To west of this, running parallel to it, and adjoining the garden front at its south east end, is a granary. The house and the granary together form a U-shaped block. The granary is probably of C18 or earlier origin and was one of the farm buildings of Deans Farm; it was originally joined to Deans, the structure which was converted by Falkner to form a cottage. The part of the granary which remains has a very low, steeply pitched roof on the east side, 2 short gabled wings on the west side, and a half-hipped gable facing towards Deans at the north-west end.


Listing NGR: SU8145646539

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.