This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9498 / 54°56'59"N
Longitude: -1.8835 / 1°53'0"W
OS Eastings: 407556
OS Northings: 561685
OS Grid: NZ075616
Mapcode National: GBR HC96.0F
Mapcode Global: WHC3M.1VB9
Entry Name: Church of St George
Listing Date: 12 June 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044950
English Heritage Legacy ID: 239490
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, NE43
Civil Parish: Prudhoe
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Mickley St George
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 06 SE PRUDHOE MICKLEY
18/135 Church of St. George
Parish church. Originally 1825 but now almost entirely 1886 by J.S. Hicks. Random
rubble with ashlar dressings and red tile roof. Nave, chancel, south porch, south chapel,
north vestry and organ chamber, west bell turret. Decorated style. West end has
2-light arched window set jin broad buttress which supports octagonal bell turrett with
cusped ogival heads to openings and stone spirelet above. Similar tracery to straight-
headed windows of 5-bay nave and l-bay chancel. 3-light east window with panel tracery.
Ridged and roll-moulded coping to gables.
Interior has fine timber nave roof with king and queen posts and traceried frieze along
walls. Chancel roof is panelled timber barrell vault. Porch and chapel roof have close-
set segmental wood arches.
Listing NGR: NZ0755661685
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings