This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9778 / 54°58'40"N
Longitude: -1.8239 / 1°49'26"W
OS Eastings: 411367
OS Northings: 564812
OS Grid: NZ113648
Mapcode National: GBR HBPW.XD
Mapcode Global: WHC3M.Y4MS
Entry Name: Wylam Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044961
English Heritage Legacy ID: 239519
Location: Wylam, Northumberland, NE41
Civil Parish: Wylam
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Wylam St Oswin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 16 SW WYLAM CHURCH ROAD
19/145 Wylam Old Vicarage
House, formerly vicarage. 1886 probably by F.R. Johnson. Snecked rubble with ashalr
surrounds. Lakeland slate roof. 2 storeys and 3 storeys. Garden fron 3 bays.
½-glazed Victorian door with chamfered surround in centre bay and to left a small 2-light
window. Above a large 3-light staircase window with 2 transoms and cusped heads
to lights. Left bay has 3-light window below, 2-light above then gabled dormer.
Right bay is cross-gabled and has canted bay window on ground floor.
Entrance front is also 3 bays and has slightly-projecting gabled right bay with ashlar
embattled bay window. Lean-to porch in centre bay is glazed and half-timbered on
Steeply pitched roofs with projecting eaves. All gables have plain bargeboards with
collar beam and studding. Stone corniced ridge stacks.
Listing NGR: NZ1136764812
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings