This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3314 / 53°19'52"N
Longitude: -1.1454 / 1°8'43"W
OS Eastings: 457010
OS Northings: 381946
OS Grid: SK570819
Mapcode National: GBR NYFX.TJ
Mapcode Global: WHDF1.CJTG
Entry Name: Stables at Gateford Hill House
Listing Date: 13 February 1967
Last Amended: 1 April 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045036
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241274
Location: Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, S81
Electoral Ward/Division: Worksop North
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Worksop Christ Church and Shireoaks
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 58 SE WORKSOP GATEFORD ROAD
1/65 Stables at
listed as part of
House and Garages)
Stable range, 1824. Probably by George Grockney for Henry
Machin. Ashlar with graduated hipped slate roof. Plinth, stone
sills, eaves band. 2 storeys, 5 bays. Main east front has, to
left, segmental headed archway with soffit inscribed 'H M 1824'.
To right, 3 smaller similar archways and beyond, single glazing
bar sash. Above, 5 glazing bar casements, that to right blocked.
Above again, off-centre octagonal timber bell cupola, 2 stages.
Lower stage has recessed timber panels and clock to east; upper
stage has 8 round headed louvred openings, cornice and leaded
ogee dome with ball finial. North end has central panelled door
and above, blocked window.
Listing NGR: SK5701081946
Other nearby listed buildings