This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3228 / 53°19'21"N
Longitude: -0.9485 / 0°56'54"W
OS Eastings: 470140
OS Northings: 381165
OS Grid: SK701811
Mapcode National: GBR PZT0.GL
Mapcode Global: WHFG8.DRL2
Entry Name: West Retford Hall
Listing Date: 14 September 1949
Last Amended: 5 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045162
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240977
Location: Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, DN22
District Council Ward: East Retford West
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Retford Team
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
Nos 1 to 10 (consec)
West Retford Hall
(formerly listed as
West Retford Hall
including stabling under
SK 7081 3/15 14.9.49.
A somewhat altered house, orignally of 1699. 2 storeys in red brick. Stone
coped parapet and added stucco cornice. End brick pilasters, 9 windows, centre
3 break forward, hung sashes with glazing bars. Later rectangular brick porch,
double door, radiating fanlight. A late C18 full-height bow is added to the
garden front on the South side and also to the East side. Little exterior ornament.
Extensions of 1 storey in brick are recent. Original staircase and panelled
rooms of C18.
West Retford Hall, former stables, the Cottage, Rose Ghyl1 Cottage, Farm Building
to Rose Ghyll Cottage and Famrm Building to south of slaughter house yard form a
Listing NGR: SK7014081165
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings