History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Holy Trinity Hospital (Almshouses)

A Grade II Listed Building in Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3232 / 53°19'23"N

Longitude: -0.9507 / 0°57'2"W

OS Eastings: 469990

OS Northings: 381207

OS Grid: SK699812

Mapcode National: GBR PZS0.ZG

Mapcode Global: WHFG8.CQJR

Entry Name: Holy Trinity Hospital (Almshouses)

Listing Date: 5 November 1976

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1045181

English Heritage Legacy ID: 240926

Location: Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, DN22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Bassetlaw

Town: Bassetlaw

Electoral Ward/Division: East Retford North

Built-Up Area: Retford

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Retford Team

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
East Retford

Listing Text

HOSPITAL
1.
5345
(West Side)
Holy Trinity Hospital
(Almshouses)
SK 7081 3/16
SK 6981 10/16
II
The descriptive notes should be amended to read

2.
Foundation of 1664, but present building of 1832-34 by Edward Blore, with alterations in 1872. 1-storey range of Gothic brick almshouses with stone dressings around 3 sides of a court. Court has arcaded stone wall, urn finials and stone entry with overthrow with 4-centred arch with inscription. Almshouses of 1 storey with 1 upper gable each, containing a window. Rectangular dripmoulds to doors and windows. The gabled ends have 1 upper and 1 bay ground floor window with stone mullions. Tall diagonal-set chimney stacks, most paired. Centre 1872 chapel block with window with dripmould and clock tower to left with Welsh slate spire roof with finial.

------------------------------------

HOSPITAL ROAD
1.
5345
(West Side)
Holy Trinity Hospital
(Almshouses)
SK 7081 3/16
SK 6981 10/16
II
2.
Foundation of 1664, but present building of 1832, with additions, by Blore, of
1872. 1-storey range of Gothic brick almshouses with stone dressings around
3 sides of a court. Court has arcaded stone wall, urn finials and stone entry
with overthrow with 4-centred arch with inscription. Almshouses of 1 storey
with 1 upper gable each, containing a window. Rectangular dripmoulds to doors
and windows. The gabled ends have 1 upper and 1 bay ground floor window with
stone mullions. Tall diagonal-set chimney stacks, most paired. Centre later
chapel block with window with dripmould and clock tower to left with Welsh slate
spire roof with finial.


Listing NGR: SK6999081207

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.