This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9975 / 54°59'51"N
Longitude: -2.38 / 2°22'47"W
OS Eastings: 375790
OS Northings: 567057
OS Grid: NY757670
Mapcode National: GBR CBTN.JB
Mapcode Global: WH90X.DNX6
Entry Name: East Twice Brewed and Adjoining Barn on East
Listing Date: 24 November 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045239
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240771
Location: Henshaw, Northumberland, NE47
Civil Parish: Henshaw
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Beltingham with Henshaw
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
HENSHAW B 6318
NY 76 NE
13/43 East Twice Brewed
24/11/67 and adjoining
barn on east
Former farmhouse and barn. House dated 1776 on door lintel; late C18-early C19
barn. Squared stone with dressings; Welsh slate roofs; rear wing of house has
stone-flagged roof; stone and brick chimneys.
2-storey, 3-bay house. Low plinth and raised-and-chamfered quoins. Central
6-panel door and overlight in architrave; raised plaque on door lintel inscribed:
N L M 1776. Replaced sashes in raised surrounds. Steeply-pitched roof with
coped gables and shaped kneelers. Stone left end stack with roll-moulded top
band; right end stack has rebuilt brick top. Continuous single-storey outshut
on rear. Single-storey wing at right-angles on centre rear.
Tall single-storey, 4-bay barn. Tooled quoins. Central blocked doorway with
alternating jambs and inserted casement. Steeply-pitched roof. Large C20
opening, similar doorway and partly-blocked loading bay on left return. Barn
included for group value.
Listing NGR: NY7579067057
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings