History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Careys Cottage and Adjoining Green Meadows

A Grade II Listed Building in Perlethorpe cum Budby, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2235 / 53°13'24"N

Longitude: -1.0774 / 1°4'38"W

OS Eastings: 461691

OS Northings: 370003

OS Grid: SK616700

Mapcode National: GBR 9FP.Y4N

Mapcode Global: WHFGS.F75M

Entry Name: Careys Cottage and Adjoining Green Meadows

Listing Date: 11 August 1961

Last Amended: 20 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1045473

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242232

Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Ollerton

Listing Text

PERLETHORPE THE LANE
SK 67 SW and
SK 66 NW CUM BUDBY (north side)
1/89 and 3/89 Carey's Cottage and
adjoining Green
Meadows (formerly
listed as Cottage to
11.8.61 north of South Farm)

G.V. II

Pair of Estate cottages. Early and mid C19. Brick, rendered,
with pantile and slate roofs. 2 gable and single ridge stacks.
2 storeys. 2 bays wide by 5 bays deep. L-plan. Windows are
mainly Gothick casements. South front has central latticed iron
porch with door in moulded jambs. Flanked by single casements.
Above, to left, small Gothick casement. To right, plain
casement. East front has projecting gable to left. Off-centre
C20 lean-to porch flanked to left by 2 and to right by single
casements. To right, adjoining single storey brick outbuilding
has pantile roof with slate verge. Central casement flanked by
single doors, all with segmental heads. To right again, timber
shed. Above, 2 C20 casements, 3 Gothick casements. This
building is part of the complete Estate Village laid out by Earl
Manvers of Thoresby Park 1807-1812.


Listing NGR: SK6169170003

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.