History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sherwood House and Boundary Wall and Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Perlethorpe cum Budby, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2236 / 53°13'25"N

Longitude: -1.0765 / 1°4'35"W

OS Eastings: 461752

OS Northings: 370016

OS Grid: SK617700

Mapcode National: GBR 9FP.YFN

Mapcode Global: WHFGS.F7LK

Entry Name: Sherwood House and Boundary Wall and Railings

Listing Date: 11 August 1961

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1045474

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242234

Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Ollerton

Listing Text

PERLETHORPE THE LANE
SK 67 SW
CUM BUDBY (south side)
1/92 Sherwood House and
11.8.61 boundary wall and
railings

G.V. II

House. Early C19. Large rear addition late C19. Now 2 houses.
Brick, rendered, with hipped and gabled plain tile and leaded
roofs. Stone plinth. Shaped eaves brackets. 4 ridge stacks. 2
storeys. 3 bays wide by 5 bays deep. Windows are mainly Gothick
casements. North front has central hipped, canted leaded porch
with 3 round headed openings. Half-glazed door. Flanked by
single casements. Above, 3 casements, the central one smallest.
Adjoining dwarf stone boundary wall carrying iron railing and
gate. West side has off-centre door flanked by single casements.
Beyond, to left, blocked opening. Beyond, to right, late C19
addition, single storey, 2 bays, with off-centre casement flanked
by single doors. All with segmental heads. Above, 4 different
casements. South end has to east, 2 C20 additions, 2 storeys,
single bay. This building is part of the complete Estate Village
laid out by Earl Manvers of Thoresby Park 1807-1812.


Listing NGR: SK6175270016

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.