This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2257 / 53°13'32"N
Longitude: -1.0762 / 1°4'34"W
OS Eastings: 461768
OS Northings: 370252
OS Grid: SK617702
Mapcode National: GBR 9FP.QR0
Mapcode Global: WHFGS.F5RX
Entry Name: North Farmhouse
Listing Date: 11 August 1961
Last Amended: 20 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045477
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242243
Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
PERLETHORPE MAIN STREET
SK 67 SW
CUM BUDBY (formerly Carburton
Road) (north side)
1/101 North Farmhouse
Farmhouse. c.1807. Probably by William Wilkins Jnr. Brick and
stone, rendered, with hipped plain tile roofs. Stone and brick
plinth, rendered. Partial first floor band. 2 ridge and single
external gable stacks. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Square plan with rear
wing. Windows are mainly Gothick casements. South front has
central 2 storey half-round bay, with mock timber framed gable.
3 round headed openings with half glazed door. Flanked by single
casements. Above, central bay has 3 small casements, flanked by
single larger casements. West front has to left, plain casement
and to its right, 2 Gothick casements. Beyond boundary wall,
another casement. Above, 3 Gothick casements. West gable has a
single C20 casement on each floor. East front has to left, 3
casements and to their right, door. To right again, C20
casement. Above, 4 casements, one smaller. North front has to
left, segmental headed recess containing door with Gothick
tracery. To right, C20 casement. Above to right, C20 casement.
Late C19 north wing addition has to north a casement and to west,
a Yorkshire sash. This building is part of the complete Estate
Village laid out by Earl Manvers of Thoresby Park 1807-1812.
Listing NGR: SK6176870252
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings