This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2235 / 53°13'24"N
Longitude: -1.0758 / 1°4'32"W
OS Eastings: 461803
OS Northings: 370003
OS Grid: SK618700
Mapcode National: GBR 9FP.YN4
Mapcode Global: WHFGS.F7ZM
Entry Name: Former Village Room
Listing Date: 11 August 1961
Last Amended: 20 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045479
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242247
Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
PERLETHORPE MAIN STREET
SK 67 SW and
SK 66 NW CUM BUDBY (formerly Carburton
Road) (west side)
1/105 and 3/105 Former Village Room
Village school, later Village Room, now house. 1807. By
William Wilkins Jnr. Brick, rendered, with hipped slate roof.
Stone plinth and dressings. 2 ridge stacks. 2 storeys, 3 bays,
single range with lean-to at rear. Windows are mainly Gothick
casements. East front has central canted portico with band and
coped parapet. 3 round headed openings. Parapet has central
plaque inscribed 'A M MDCCCVII'. to left, plaque inscribed 'Hear
instruction and be wise and refuse it not. Provb. Ch. VII.
v.33'. To right, plaque, inscribed 'Be pious, patient, honest
and industrious'. Beyond, single casements. Above, 3 smaller
casements. ,Rear has central single storey outbuilding, brick
with slate roof. To north, central door and above, flat roofed
dormer with glazing bar sash. Rear elevation has to left, C20
conservatory and to right, 2 casements. Above, to left, hipped
cross eaves dormer. South end has 2 casements and above, central
hipped cross eaves dormer. North end has 2 casements on each
floor. This building is part of the complete Estate Village laid
out by Earl Manvers of Thoresby Park 1807-1812.
Listing NGR: SK6180370003
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings