History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Poplars Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Perlethorpe cum Budby, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.2227 / 53°13'21"N

Longitude: -1.0757 / 1°4'32"W

OS Eastings: 461805

OS Northings: 369912

OS Grid: SK618699

Mapcode National: GBR 9FP.YNF

Mapcode Global: WHFGS.F8Z8

Entry Name: Poplars Farmhouse

Listing Date: 20 June 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1045480

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242249

Location: Perlethorpe cum Budby, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Perlethorpe cum Budby

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Edwinstowe

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Ollerton

Listing Text

PERLETHORPE MAIN STREET
SK 66 NW
CUM BUDBY (formerly Carburton
Road) (west side)
3/107 Poplars Farmhouse

G.V. II

Estate farmhouse. Late C18. Altered as part of model village
early C19. Brick, rendered, with pantile roof. First floor
band. Corbelled eaves. 2 storeys plus garrets. 3 bays. Single
range with continuous rear outshut. Single side wall and 2 gable
stacks. Windows include Gothick casements. South front has
central door with segmental head, flanked by single casements
Above, central blank window. To its left, Gothick casement. To
its right, C20 casement and Gothick casement. West gable has,
above, a casement, and above again, 2 garret casements. East
gable has above, to right, a casement, and above again, to left,
a garret casement. Rear elevation has to left, C19 single bay
wash house with pantile roof and a gable stack. Single casement
to north and door to west. To its right, casement, brick porch
with 2 casements, and beyond, another casement, all C20.
Adjoining C19 barn and outbuildings are not of special interest.
This building is part of the complete Estate Village laid out by
Earl Manvers of Thoresby Park 1807-1812.


Listing NGR: SK6180569912

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.