History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Coach House, Farnsfield Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Farnsfield, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1023 / 53°6'8"N

Longitude: -1.0382 / 1°2'17"W

OS Eastings: 464493

OS Northings: 356551

OS Grid: SK644565

Mapcode National: GBR 9H9.GBK

Mapcode Global: WHFHD.09X2

Entry Name: The Coach House, Farnsfield Hall

Listing Date: 11 August 1961

Last Amended: 13 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1045507

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242110

Location: Farnsfield, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG22

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Farnsfield

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Farnsfield

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Farnsfield

Listing Text

SK 65 NW FARNSFIELD BLIDWORTH ROAD
(south side)
2/55
The Coach House, Farnsfield
Hall [formerly listed as
11.8.61 "The Old Stables" (former
stable block, now house,
at Farnsfield Hall)]

G.V. II

Stable block now house. Dated 1818. Cement render over brick.
Hipped slate roof with wide eaves overhang. 2 rendered ridge
stacks. Set on a plinth. One and a half storeys, 5 bays.
Central single bay slightly projects and is topped with a
pediment. 5 round headed recessed panels with imposts. Central
panel with single round arched glazing bar sash. Either side are
single similar low sashes. Further left is a doorway with
glazing bar double door with round arched fanlight and further
right a doorway with panelled door and similar fanlight. Above,
single central bay with 2 small glazing bar sashes, originally
having a single semi-circular window. Either side are 2 similar
sashes. The pediment is inscribed 1818. Projecting from the
right is a single storey 4 bay rendered and hipped slate wing,
set on a plinth. Having a single glazing bar sash and to the
right an opening with wooden shutter. Further right is a single
similar sash and on the far right a single similar opening and
shutter.


Listing NGR: SK6449356551

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.