History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Number 24 and Attached Barn and Stable and Boundary Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9815 / 52°58'53"N

Longitude: -0.9651 / 0°57'54"W

OS Eastings: 469582

OS Northings: 343189

OS Grid: SK695431

Mapcode National: GBR BL8.2TN

Mapcode Global: WHFJ0.4BQ3

Entry Name: Number 24 and Attached Barn and Stable and Boundary Wall

Listing Date: 14 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1045674

English Heritage Legacy ID: 241787

Location: East Bridgford, Rushcliffe, Nottinghamshire, NG13

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Rushcliffe

Civil Parish: East Bridgford

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: East Bridgford

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
East Bridgford

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 09/06/2015


SK 6943
11/43


EAST BRIDGFORD,
COLLEGE STREET (south east side),
No. 24 and attached barn and stable and boundary wall

(Formerly listed as No.14 and attached barn and stable and boundary wall)

II

Farmhouse and attached barn and stable, 1826. Brick with C20
pantile roof. Eaves band. 2 gable stacks. 2 storeys, 3 bays.
L-plan. Windows are glazing bar sashes. Those to ground floor
have rubbed brick heads. North front has central panelled door
in reeded jambs with overlight. Flanked by single sashes.
Above, 3 sashes, the central one smaller. West gable has a C20
casement. East front has C19 door with segmental head, and C20
casements. Above, a Yorkshire sash with segmental head. East
gable has insurance plaque and datestone inscribed 'JC 1826'.
To left, adjoining barn and stable, late C18, coursed rubble and
brick, with pantile roofs and coped gables. East side has to
left, 2 tiers of 2 diamond breathers. To right blocked barn door
with inserted door with timber lintel. Above it, C19 casement.
To right adjoining cowshed, mid C19, 2 bays. Single timber post
and slate roof. Stable to right again has, slatted casement and
stable door, both with segmental heads. Outside, adjoining front
boundary wall, brick, with ramped gabled ashlar coping. 4 square
brick piers with concave pyramidal ashlar caps. Wrought iron
spearhead gate.


Listing NGR: SK6958243189

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.