This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2587 / 52°15'31"N
Longitude: -1.0736 / 1°4'24"W
OS Eastings: 463330
OS Northings: 262680
OS Grid: SP633626
Mapcode National: GBR 9TH.CF1
Mapcode Global: VHCVF.BHTC
Entry Name: The Hall, Stable Block and Attached Wall and Gatehouse
Listing Date: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045909
English Heritage Legacy ID: 360686
Location: Brockhall, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN7
Civil Parish: Brockhall
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Brockhall St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
5/41 The Hall, stable block and
attached wall and gatehouse
Stable block. Dated 1799 (Pevsner). Ironstone ashlar, patterned slate hipped
roof. U-plan. 2-window, 2-storey central block flanked by one-storey wings with
hay loft enclosing 3 sides of a courtyard. 4 segmental-headed 18-panel
double-leaf coachouse doors to central block flanked by 12-pane sash windows and
9-panel doors with overlight at either end. Return wings have similar doors and
windows symmetrically disposed, those to right wing blind. Double-leaf garage
doors replace left end door and window to left wing. String course above and row
of lunettes mostly blind. Central pavilion has round-headed windows and plain
pilaster strips to centre and at either end. Dentilled pediment with clock face
in moulded stone frame and square surround. Square timber cupola to roof above
with open round-headed arches on octagonal columns and ogee lead roof. Moulded
stone eaves to wings. Attached crenellated wall of c.1800 bounding churchyard,
extends from left end of stable block to Hall, with gatehouse giving access to
church near house. The 2-storey gatehouse has Tudor arched doorway with trefoil
cut spandrels and hood mould. Chamfered arches with pointed heads to other three
sides within churchyard. Chamfered plinth and string at first floor level and at
base of battlemented parapet.
(Buildings of England: Northants, p.128).
Listing NGR: SP6326262662
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings