This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.097 / 53°5'49"N
Longitude: -0.7876 / 0°47'15"W
OS Eastings: 481278
OS Northings: 356217
OS Grid: SK812562
Mapcode National: GBR CL8.ZMQ
Mapcode Global: WHFHH.WF34
Entry Name: Lowwood
Listing Date: 15 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1045999
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242696
Location: Winthorpe, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Winthorpe
Built-Up Area: Winthorpe
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Winthorpe
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 85 NW WINTHORPE GAINSBOROUGH ROAD (east side)
House dated 1787. Red brick with hipped tiled roof and 2 brick stacks.
Modillion cornice and let floor band. 2 storeys with symmetrical facade having
4 windows to each floor and a central doorway. There is a slightly projecting
2 window central bay of alternate red and white headers. The panelled door
with plain surround has a plaque above inscribed "The: first stone of this house
was laid by Roger Pocklington jun and his sister Elizabeth on June 25th 1787
aged 11 yrs and 10 yrs". All windows have glazing bar sashes and all the
openings flat headed with segmental relieving arches. There is a later traceried
wooden porch with tiled roof, this extends the length of the projecting bay.
To the rear is a brick 2 storey, 2 bay, wing. The projecting bay once had a
Listing NGR: SK8127856217
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings