This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1669 / 53°10'0"N
Longitude: -0.7325 / 0°43'57"W
OS Eastings: 484828
OS Northings: 364056
OS Grid: SK848640
Mapcode National: GBR CKL.FM2
Mapcode Global: WHFH4.QNCK
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 25 February 1952
Last Amended: 17 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046015
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242625
Location: South Scarle, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG23
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: South Scarle
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: South Scarle with Besthorpe Girton and Spalford
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 86 SW SOUTH SCARLE HIGH STREET (east side)
The Old Vicarage
25.2.52 (Formerly listed as
The Old Parsonage)
House, formerly vicarage, C17 with C20 alterations. Coursed rubble and brick
with timber framing above, mostly rendered; steep pitched pantile roof with
2 coped gables with kneelers, 2 gable and single ridge stacks. Projecting
first floor bend; L-plan. Main facade 2 storeys with garrets, 4 bays.
Irregular fenestration with 3 windows on ground floor and 3 more above.
All windows have either 2 or 3 lights C20 glazing bar casements. On west
C18 doorway in moulded wood case with scrolled brackets to hood, containing
C18 door with 6 fielded panels. Large C20 glazed timber porch. Further
irregular C19 and C20 fenestration.
Listing NGR: SK8482864056
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings