History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Coach House, to the West of the Stables, at Langford Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Langford, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.1081 / 53°6'29"N

Longitude: -0.7723 / 0°46'20"W

OS Eastings: 482283

OS Northings: 357475

OS Grid: SK822574

Mapcode National: GBR CL9.3LC

Mapcode Global: WHFHJ.34HK

Entry Name: Coach House, to the West of the Stables, at Langford Hall

Listing Date: 15 October 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1046034

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242669

Location: Langford, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG23

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Langford

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Langford

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Holme

Listing Text

SK 85 NW LANGFORD FOSSE WAY
(west side)

1/34 Coach house, to the west
of the stables, at
Langford Hall

G.V. II

Coach house, c.1780/90. Probably by John Carr of York. Red brick under a
hipped slate roof with a single brick stack and ashlar dressings. Eaves
band, ground floor band, sill band, impost band. Single storey with 1 1/2
storeys central slightly projecting bay of 3 arches containing double doors
with wood panelling and square light over, that to the west has had the
panelling bricked in and door altered. On the 1st floor are 3 casement
windows, the eastern most one has been moved. The western bay has a central
door with arch over, flanked by single arched windows with ashlar sills. The
windows have been partially blocked in and have later casements. In the
eastern bay the door has been moved and the windows blocked in.


Listing NGR: SK8228357475

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.