This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1437 / 53°8'37"N
Longitude: -0.7607 / 0°45'38"W
OS Eastings: 482988
OS Northings: 361445
OS Grid: SK829614
Mapcode National: GBR CKR.SLV
Mapcode Global: WHFHB.87ZT
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 16 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046036
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242569
Location: Collingham, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG23
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Collingham
Built-Up Area: Collingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Collingham
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK 8261-8361 COLLINGHAM HIGH STREET (east side)
10/44 The Red House
Three shops, formerly house, mid-C18, with C20 alterations. Coursed blue
lias rubble and brick, plain tile and pantile roofs, brick coped gables,
2 gable stacks, first and second floor moulded brick bands, 2½ storeys plus
garrets, L-plan. 5 bays with central projecting bay. Central bay has C20
glazed shop door and plate glass window flanked by single C20 plate glass
shop fronts. Above 5 C18 glazing bar sashes; above again, 5 smaller C18
glazing bar sashes, the 2nd from left being a blank panel. Central bay is
topped by pedimented gable with brick eaves band; over, moulded brick band,
brick pilasters, semi-circular blank panel with painted glazing bars.
2 storey rear wing has single external gable stack, 2 brick bands, irregular
C19 and C20 fenestration.
Listing NGR: SK8298861445
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings