This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0782 / 53°4'41"N
Longitude: -0.9553 / 0°57'19"W
OS Eastings: 470081
OS Northings: 353949
OS Grid: SK700539
Mapcode National: GBR BK3.58W
Mapcode Global: WHFHF.9WBK
Entry Name: Mills Newsagents
Listing Date: 11 August 1961
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046101
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242416
Location: Southwell, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG25
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Southwell
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Southwell St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
1919-0/11/113 (North West side)
House, now a shop. Early C16, with early C18 rear wing.
Refronted late C18, with C19 and C20 alterations. Brick, the
rear wing colourwashed, with timber framed north gable, stone
dressings, and steep pitched slate roofs. Plinth, coped
parapet, 2 coped gables, single ridge stack. 2 storeys; 3
window range of plain sashes with splayed lintels. Early C19
wooden shopfront with reeded pilasters and paterae. To left, 2
plain windows. To right, door with overlight, flanked by
single windows with Gothic glazing bars. Close-studded north
gable has an underbuilt ground floor jetty and rendered
nogging. Rear wing has two 2-light casements and below, a
glazed door and a shop window, all late C20.
Listing NGR: SK7008153949
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings