This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.078 / 53°4'40"N
Longitude: -0.9551 / 0°57'18"W
OS Eastings: 470094
OS Northings: 353931
OS Grid: SK700539
Mapcode National: GBR BK3.5B1
Mapcode Global: WHFHF.9WFP
Entry Name: Gascoines
Listing Date: 11 August 1961
Last Amended: 20 May 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046104
English Heritage Legacy ID: 242421
Location: Southwell, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG25
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Southwell
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Southwell St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
1919-0/11/118 (South East side)
(Formerly Listed as:
National Provincial Bank)
Also known as: No.1 CHURCH STREET.
House, now offices. Late C18 with mid C19 and late C20
alterations. Brick with stone dressings and hipped slate roof.
Plinth, moulded dentillated eaves, 3 ridge and single side
wall stacks. 3 storeys; 3 window range. Square plan. Market
Place front has a central sash flanked by single tripartite
sashes. Above, similar fenestration with a central blank and
smaller windows. Central doorcase with cornice on consoles,
with 6-panel door and fanlight. On either side, a C19 paired
plain sash. All these windows have keystoned lintels. Church
Street front has a central blank flanked by single plain
sashes, and above, similar fenestration with smaller sashes.
All these windows have keystoned lintels. Mid C19 pilastered
wooden shopfront with door to left and 3 windows to right.
Listing NGR: SK7009453931
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings