This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9563 / 51°57'22"N
Longitude: -1.3021 / 1°18'7"W
OS Eastings: 448053
OS Northings: 228879
OS Grid: SP480288
Mapcode National: GBR 7V7.7M9
Mapcode Global: VHCWV.C3Z3
Entry Name: Church of St Mary the Virgin Group of 6 Headstones Approximately 4 Metres South of South Chancel
Listing Date: 5 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046272
English Heritage Legacy ID: 243999
Location: North Aston, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX25
Civil Parish: North Aston
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: North Aston
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP42NE NORTH ASTON
5/272 Church of St. Mary the Virgin:
group of 6 headstones approx.
4m S of south chapel
6 headstones. Mid C17 and c.1700. Limestone and marlstone. In marlstone:
headstone commemorating (?) Bridgs (d.1703), with a moulded rectangular panel
flanked by flower drops, below a segmental-pedimented head; headstone
commemorating Henry Bridges (d.1707) with an oval cartouche of foliage and a
cherub's head; headstone dated 170(?) with a small rectangular panel framed by
festoons and drops below a scrolled head. The first 2 headstones include the
sacred monogram in front of a cross, and probably commemorate Roman Catholics.
In limestone: 3 small plain stones with scrolled heads commemorating Sara Wing
(d.1649), William Wing (d.1691) and Margaret Wing (d.1695).
Listing NGR: SP4805328879
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings