This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9601 / 51°57'36"N
Longitude: -1.1365 / 1°8'11"W
OS Eastings: 459431
OS Northings: 229417
OS Grid: SP594294
Mapcode National: GBR 8WS.1HS
Mapcode Global: VHCWR.8Z1S
Entry Name: Rose Cottage
Listing Date: 3 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046418
English Heritage Legacy ID: 243646
Location: Hethe, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX27
Civil Parish: Hethe
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Hethe
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
HETHE THE GREEN
SP5829-5929 (East side)
17/53 Rose Cottage
Two houses, now one dwelling. Early/mid C18 with C19 and C20 alterations. Left
part. Squared coursed limestone and coursed limestone rubble. Steeply pitched
slate roof. Brick end stack. 2-unit plan. 2 storeys, 3-window range. Entrance
off-centre left has C20 door, moulded wood frame, wood lintel and open iron-work
part with pyramidal head. Entrance is flanked by 3-light metal casements in wood
frames. Chamfered wood lintels, lead cames and wrought-iron casement fasteners.
First floor has three similar 2- and 3-light windows with wood lintels.
Ironstone quoins on left. Right part. Coursed limestone rubble. Steeply pitched
thatched roof. Brick end stack. 2-unit plan. 2 storeys. 2-window range
Approximately central entrance, now blocked, has wood lintel. Ground floor has
two-light metal casement windows in wood frames. Lead cames, wrought-iron
casement fasteners and chamfered wood lintels. First floor has 2 renewed wood
casements with lead cames. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP5943129417
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings