This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7502 / 51°45'0"N
Longitude: -1.244 / 1°14'38"W
OS Eastings: 452283
OS Northings: 205987
OS Grid: SP522059
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.B8Z
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.D85P
Entry Name: The Peace Stone
Listing Date: 28 June 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046584
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245247
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX4
District Council Ward: St Clement's
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Clement
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
The Peace Stone
on The Plain
SP 5205 19/739
A small stone now used as a bollard on The Plain roundabout. Inscribed
'Peace was proclaimed in the County of Oxford, June 27 1814'.
Listing NGR: SP5228305987
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings