This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7542 / 51°45'14"N
Longitude: -1.2508 / 1°15'3"W
OS Eastings: 451809
OS Northings: 206428
OS Grid: SP518064
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.W14
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.85LL
Entry Name: New College, North Range
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046688
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245038
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
District Council Ward: Holywell
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 SE 9/242F 12.1.54.
The Chequer on North west, added to East side of Bursary in 1449 and given
an upper floor circa 1480. In 1675 the upper floor fitted as SCR, which
contains contemporary panelling by Francis Butler and fireplace by "Mr Byrde";
to North of it an addition was made in 1912. The block East of the Chequer
was built 1682-3, the mason being William Byrd; refaced 1928-31. The recessed
block at East end built 1707, William Townesend being mason and George Smith
carpenter, to correspond with South East block.
Listing NGR: SP5180106429
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings