This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0728 / 52°4'21"N
Longitude: -1.3932 / 1°23'35"W
OS Eastings: 441685
OS Northings: 241772
OS Grid: SP416417
Mapcode National: GBR 7SR.2KM
Mapcode Global: VHBYR.S5TC
Entry Name: The Little Manor
Listing Date: 8 December 1955
Last Amended: 20 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046754
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244821
Location: Wroxton, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX15
Civil Parish: Wroxton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Wroxton with Balscote
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WROXTON STRATFORD ROAD
10/264 The Little Manor
8.12.55 (formerly listed as
Cottage adjoining the
Old Post Office on the W)
House. Early C17 with later alterations. Regular coursed ironstone rubble.
Thatched roof with stone coped gable with kneeler on left. 3-unit through-passage
plan with further unit of barn/stable now part of house. Single-storey plus
attics and cellar. 4-window attic range. Entrance to right has plank door and
wood lintel. C20 entrance to rear. To left a single-light and two 3-light stone
mullioned windows of flat-splay section and a 4-light stone mullioned window
of cavetto section, all with hood moulds and label stops. To left a large 2-light
C20 window. Cellar window of 3 lights with renewed pointing. Attic has 4 eyebrow
dormers with 3-light casements with wrought-iron casement fasteners. C20 flat-
roofed extension to rear. Nesting holes in left gable in former barn/stable.
Interior has stop-chamfered beams and inglenook fireplace with stop-chamfered
Listing NGR: SP4168541772
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings