This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7531 / 51°45'11"N
Longitude: -1.2533 / 1°15'12"W
OS Eastings: 451637
OS Northings: 206305
OS Grid: SP516063
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.1XS
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.768F
Entry Name: All Souls College, Front (Or South) Quadrangle, Including the Chapel and the South East Range on the High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046755
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244829
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Civil Parish: Non Civil Parish
District Council Ward: Holywell
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
ALL SOUL'S COLLEGE
Front (or South)
the Chapel and the
South-East range on the
SP 5106 SE 9/350C 12.1.54.
The East, South and West sides, circa 1440 and chapel 1442, in Headington
stone with Taynton Stone dressings, Richard Chevynton and Robert Jannys
being the masons. South-East range, 1553 by John Warner (Warden 1536-55),
completed by Robert Hovenden (Warden 1571-1614); refaced 1827; interior
includes C16 and C17 overmantels and C17 panelling. High Street front
of South quadrangle refaced 1827; the 2 figures of founder and co-founder
and carving over South gatehouse renewed 1940.
West elevation on Catte Street refaced in Bath stone circa 1850.
Listing NGR: SP5164806271
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings