This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7535 / 51°45'12"N
Longitude: -1.2527 / 1°15'9"W
OS Eastings: 451680
OS Northings: 206351
OS Grid: SP516063
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.23D
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.76L3
Entry Name: All Souls College, East and West Ranges of the North Quadrangle
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046761
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244836
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
ALL SOUL'S COLLEGE
East and West Ranges of the
SP 5106 SE 9/350B 12.1.54.
By Hawksmoor 1716. The East range consists of Central block and South tower
1716, North tower and its staircase, 1720, South block 1724; the North block
1720-48, Townesend being mason. Twin towers rebuilt 1902-6 in Clipsham
stone. The colonnade or cloister on West is Gothic outside and classical
inside; the North half 1728; the South half 1734, William King being builder;
the iron gate by Hawksmoor. The walls of Headington and Burford Stone,
refaced on street side in Box Ground stone circa 1850 and since patched.
Listing NGR: SP5162506345
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings