This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7559 / 51°45'21"N
Longitude: -1.26 / 1°15'35"W
OS Eastings: 451177
OS Northings: 206613
OS Grid: SP511066
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.SBV
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.34R8
Entry Name: 66 and 67, St Giles
Listing Date: 30 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047078
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245975
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
District Council Ward: Carfax
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary Magdalen
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Nos 66 and 67
SP5106 NW 5/522
Pair of shops. 1869 by G Wyatt in the style of the Gothic Oxford University
Museum designed by Benjamin Woodward in 1860. 3 storeys and attic. Irregular
3 bay front. Coursed, squared limestone rubble with ashlar dressings. Plain tile
roof with coped gables and moulded ridge and gable stacks. Cornice with cable
moulding and strings at 1st and 2nd floor level with coloured bends above. 2 bays
with splayed oriel windows with pyramidical roofs. 2 gabled, dormers with paired
arched windows. Segmental arched, recessed sash windows with moulded reveals and
hood moulds with masks. Cast iron window guards. Good Victorian shop front with
pilasters and columnettes with crochet capitals and Caernarvon arches.
Doors with feathered wooden panels and fanlights. The last surviving Victorian
Gothic shop front in Oxford.
Listing NGR: SP5117706613
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings