This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7525 / 51°45'8"N
Longitude: -1.2531 / 1°15'11"W
OS Eastings: 451652
OS Northings: 206242
OS Grid: SP516062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.20G
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.76CW
Entry Name: 92 and 93, High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047250
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245523
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Nos 92 & 93
SP 5106 SE 9/362 12.1.54.
House and bank. Late C18 4-storeyed ashlar. The ground floor is rusticated
and has 6 semi-circular arched recessed windows with sashes and 3 doorways
of similar heads. Above the ground floor the house is of two buildings.
That on the East, No 92, has four tall windows in moulded stone frames with
sahhes and bracketed moulded entablatures with alternative segmental and
straight pediments. There is a stone band at the 2nd floor in which are
5 sash windows in moulded stone frames. Above these is a moulded and modillioned
and dentilled cornice and in the 3rd floor above are five sash windows in
plain reveals with moulded cornices; there is a small parapet above. No
93, on the West, is similar in style but lower in height and has in the 1st
floor 4 tall sash windows in the plain stone frames with moulded semi-circular
heads. There are stone stacks with moulded shafts. History. Built by Mr
J Parsons, banker in 1775 partly on the site of George Hall.
All the listed buildings on the South Side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5166806246
Other nearby listed buildings