This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7523 / 51°45'8"N
Longitude: -1.2563 / 1°15'22"W
OS Eastings: 451433
OS Northings: 206218
OS Grid: SP514062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.173
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.57P0
Entry Name: 16, High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047270
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245474
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Michael and St Martin and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 SW 8/611 12.1.54.
House and shop. Built circa 1773. Similar to Nos 12-15 (qv). 3-storeyed
ashlar with a moulded parapet and a Welsh slate roof in which are two modern
dormers. The 1st floor has 3 sash windows and a 3-Light stone framed window
with a pediment. Entrance archway No 4 to the market has a stone balustraded
head. New shopfront 1963.
All the listed buildings on the North Side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5143306219
Other nearby listed buildings