This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7522 / 51°45'7"N
Longitude: -1.2487 / 1°14'55"W
OS Eastings: 451960
OS Northings: 206211
OS Grid: SP519062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.33V
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.97Q3
Entry Name: 66-68, High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245510
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
District Council Ward: Holywell
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Nos 66 to 68 (consec)
SP 5106 SE 9/406 12.1.54.
House and shop. Possibly originally Cl7-18 but since altered. 3-storeyed
stuccoed rubble with cellars, a band at the 1st floor and a moulded eaves
cornice. The centre breaks forward slightly. The Welsh slate roof is hipped
and has 2 dormers in it each with a double sash windows. Each floor has
a 3-light sash window and the doorway of No 66 has a plain frame and fanlight.
Nos 67 and 68 have modern shops. No 68 has a 3-light canted oriel through
lst and 2nd floors.
All the listed buildings on the South Side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5195506212
Other nearby listed buildings