This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7519 / 51°45'6"N
Longitude: -1.2643 / 1°15'51"W
OS Eastings: 450880
OS Northings: 206170
OS Grid: SP508061
Mapcode National: GBR 7XS.551
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.17G9
Entry Name: 2 and 3, Fisher Row
Listing Date: 28 June 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047303
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245441
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Barnabas with St Thomas the Martyr
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
(Formerly Lower Fisher Row)
Nos 2 & 3
SP 5006 SE 7/447
One building. On a stone panel in the brick pediment is the inscription
"Endowed in the year 1799 Edward Tawney Esquire, Alderman of this City".
Built as 4 almshouses and converted to 2 tenements. 3-storeyed variegated
brick with a stone cornice, brick pediment and 2 sash windows. The 2 side
doorways have plain scroll bracketted hoods. The windows have glazing bars.
Listing NGR: SP5088006170
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings