This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7533 / 51°45'12"N
Longitude: -1.2615 / 1°15'41"W
OS Eastings: 451076
OS Northings: 206330
OS Grid: SP510063
Mapcode National: GBR 7XS.5VH
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.26Z6
Entry Name: College for Further Education
Listing Date: 28 June 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047304
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245444
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
District Council Ward: Carfax
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary Magdalen
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
College for Further
SP 5106 SW 8/260
Formerly shown as City of Oxford High School for Boys. Built 1880 to designs
of Sir Thomas Jackson in Bladon stone with Clipsham dressings, There were
additions in 1895, 1915 and 1935. The north front is in 2-storeyed Ashlar
with a centrepiece, porch steps and a gable, there is a balustraded parapet
and a brown tiled roof. The 3-light stone mullioned and transomed windows
have elliptical heads. Clock in the gable.
Listing NGR: SP5107606330
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings