This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7804 / 51°46'49"N
Longitude: -1.1641 / 1°9'50"W
OS Eastings: 457762
OS Northings: 209409
OS Grid: SP577094
Mapcode National: GBR 8YW.6J4
Mapcode Global: VHCXP.RJY0
Entry Name: Stables Approximately 40 Metres South of Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 July 1963
Last Amended: 5 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047579
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246690
Location: Stanton St. John, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX33
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Stanton St. John
Built-Up Area: Stanton St John
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Stanton St John
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
STANTON ST. JOHN POUND LANE
SP50NE (East side)
5/170 Stables approx. 40m. S of
18/07/63 Manor Farmhouse
(Formerly listed as barn to S
of Manor Farmhouse)
Stables. Late C17/early C18. Coursed limestone rubble with timber lintels;
thatched roof. Single range. One storey plus loft. Front has 2 stable doors and
adjacent windows (one now blocked) plus, in the centre, a later window and
doorway with brick jambs; one small 2-light dormer to right of centre. End walls
have weatherboarded gables. Rear has 2 large stepped buttresses to road.
Interior: Trusses have short under-principals, terminating at collar and
strutted from tie beam; straight windbraces.
Listing NGR: SP5776009408
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings