This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.767 / 51°46'1"N
Longitude: -1.1526 / 1°9'9"W
OS Eastings: 458571
OS Northings: 207926
OS Grid: SP585079
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z2.3F1
Mapcode Global: VHCXP.ZV0B
Entry Name: The White Horse Public House
Listing Date: 5 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047594
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246621
Location: Forest Hill with Shotover, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX33
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Forest Hill with Shotover
Built-Up Area: Forest Hill
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Forest Hill
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
FOREST HILL WITH SHOTOVER WHEATLEY ROAD
SP50NE (East side)
5/101 The White Horse Public House
Public house. Late C17/early C18. Colourwashed limestone rubble with timber
lintels; plain-tile roof with brick ridge stack, 3-unit lobby-entry plan. One
storey plus attics. Front has entrance, with C20 rubble and tiled porch, to left
of centre; to left is a horizontal sliding sash and, to right, a 3-light
casement, with 2 smaller windows to extreme right, one probably formerly a door.
Two small 2-light gabled dormers. Roof is half hipped to right and the stack has
a rounded brick string course. Single-storey unit, to left, has door and a
small-pane 2-light casement, and its roof partly conceals the remains of a stone
label to a blocked window in the left gable of the main range. Interior: Open
fireplaces with timber bressumers. Low range is said to have been the Smithy.
Listing NGR: SP5857107926
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings