This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7969 / 51°47'48"N
Longitude: -1.1863 / 1°11'10"W
OS Eastings: 456209
OS Northings: 211230
OS Grid: SP562112
Mapcode National: GBR 8YN.6X0
Mapcode Global: VHCXP.D36B
Entry Name: Stables and Cottage to Rear of Grove House
Listing Date: 5 June 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047647
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246540
Location: Beckley and Stowood, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX3
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Beckley and Stowood
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Beckley
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
BECKLEY AND STOWOOD BECKLEY
2/20 Stables and cottage to rear of
Stables and cottage. Early/mid C18 extended late C18/early C19. Coursed squared
limestone rubble with ashlar dressings; plain-tile and slate roofs.
Single-range. One storey plus loft. Taller central block has central stable
door, 2 sashes to left and one to right, all with stone flat arches; further
door, to extreme left, and double carriage entrance, to extreme right, under
wooden lintels; 3 loft doors under eaves, one now blocked. Gables have stone
parapets. Lower flanking blocks have shallow-hipped slate roofs; to left,
central door flanked by wide windows; to right, the cottage has three 2-light
casements, the central window formerly a door. Right wing returns to rear with
3-light casements and a door at a lower level. Further range to rear. Interior:
Late C18/early C19 loose boxes. Interior of cottage not inspected. Central block
is probably a converted and re-fronted barn.
Listing NGR: SP5621311205
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings