History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lanesra Cottage

A Grade II Listed Building in Garsington, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7147 / 51°42'52"N

Longitude: -1.1625 / 1°9'44"W

OS Eastings: 457960

OS Northings: 202107

OS Grid: SP579021

Mapcode National: GBR 8ZN.DXV

Mapcode Global: VHCY2.S5TB

Entry Name: Lanesra Cottage

Listing Date: 25 October 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1047682

English Heritage Legacy ID: 246429

Location: Garsington, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX44

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Garsington

Built-Up Area: Garsington

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Garsington

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Cuddesdon

Listing Text

SP 5702 GARSINGTON PETTIWELL
(East side)
7/41 No.21 (Lanesra Cottage)

GV II

House. Late medieval, C16/17 and 1812. Rubble with brick dressings and
timber-framing with brick infill; thatched roof with brick ridge stacks. 3-
unit with gable outshut to left and 2-unit range to rear on left. One-storey
plus attics; 3 irregular casements, some with brick segmental arches; door
adjoins C20 left-hand casements, further small casement to gable outshut.
Dormers to left and centre, the former gabled with a tiled roof. Half-hip to
right gable, weather-boarded gable to left. Rear wall timber-framed on stone
plinth; right gable timber-framed. Rear extension: C17 rubble with datestone
(in stucco?) S/EE 1812; end unit brick, probably of 1812. Old plain-tile roof
with further stack. Interior altered but retains much timber-framing
including one exposed blade of a large cruck (rear, left of centre). One of
two cruck structures known in the village.


Listing NGR: SP5796002107

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.