This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5423 / 51°32'32"N
Longitude: -0.9046 / 0°54'16"W
OS Eastings: 476063
OS Northings: 183164
OS Grid: SU760831
Mapcode National: GBR C4S.64Q
Mapcode Global: VHDWG.8HNK
Entry Name: Phyllis Court Lodge
Listing Date: 25 January 1951
Last Amended: 28 October 1974
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047772
English Heritage Legacy ID: 246240
Location: Henley-on-Thames, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, RG9
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Henley-on-Thames
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Henley-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. MARLOW ROAD
5355 (East Side)
Phyllis Court Lodge
(Formerly listed under
SU 7683 8/322 25.1.51.
Late C18. One of a pair of symmetrical lodges attributed to James Wyatt
(q.v.) The Lodge). Square plan. Portland stone base with plastered walls,
flat projecting eaves cornice with pattern of guttae alternating with
raised diamonds containing formalized flower. Flat pitched slate roof.
Designed to appear as a single storey pavilion though each with 2 superimposed
rooms 1 tall window or door on each of 3 elevations. Palladian window
on facade facing town.
The Lodge and Phyllis Court Lodge, with their associated gate piers and
connecting walls form a group at this entrance to Henley.
Listing NGR: SU7606383164
Other nearby listed buildings