History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn Approximately 1 Metre North West of the Manor House

A Grade II Listed Building in Warborough, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6372 / 51°38'13"N

Longitude: -1.134 / 1°8'2"W

OS Eastings: 460027

OS Northings: 193508

OS Grid: SU600935

Mapcode National: GBR 90N.83X

Mapcode Global: VHCYH.93CR

Entry Name: Barn Approximately 1 Metre North West of the Manor House

Listing Date: 18 July 1963

Last Amended: 14 May 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1048089

English Heritage Legacy ID: 248221

Location: Warborough, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10

County: Oxfordshire

District: South Oxfordshire

Civil Parish: Warborough

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Warborough

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Benson

Listing Text

WARBOROUGH THE GREEN SOUTH
SU69SW (South side)
4/19 Barn approx. im. NW of The
18/07/63 Manor House
(Formerly listed as barn
immediately W of The Manor
House)

GV II

Barn. 1806 on tie beam. Weatherboarded timber framing on brick and clunch rubble
plinth; thatch and old plain-tile roof. 4-bay plan with porch and aisle,
extended by one bay. Front has porch, to right of centre, with hipped roof
forming a canopy. Porch stands on a stone segmental-arched bridge. Plinth,
rising from stream, has a rubble base, a stepped brick weathering and continues
in Flemish-bond brickwork with flared headers. Roof is hipped to left over the
added weatherboarded bay which forms a separate unit with entrance. Aisle to
rear has a tiled roof. Interior: clasped-purl in roof with curved inner
principals; bay of aisle to right of rear entrance forms separate unit; tie beam
inscribed "D WHITE/J. GLANVILL 1806" also "H. BIRCH".


Listing NGR: SU6002793508

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.