This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6304 / 51°37'49"N
Longitude: -1.1421 / 1°8'31"W
OS Eastings: 459475
OS Northings: 192749
OS Grid: SU594927
Mapcode National: GBR 90N.L31
Mapcode Global: VHCYH.582Y
Entry Name: The Old Post Office
Listing Date: 9 November 1976
Last Amended: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048090
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248225
Location: Warborough, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Warborough
Built-Up Area: Warborough
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Warborough
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WARBOROUGH WHARF ROAD
SU5992 (East side)
11/194 No.5 (The Old Post Office)
09/11/76 (Formerly listed as Old Post
House. C18. Coursed clunch rubble with brick dressings; old plain-tile roof with
brick stacks. L-plan. 2 storeys. Road front is irregular with three 3-light
casements at ground floor, all later insertions, and two 2-light casements at
first floor; large C20 garage doors to left. Roof is hipped to right and
half-hipped to left. Main range, projecting to rear, has a 2-window front,
facing left, with central 6-panel door between tall windows with gauged-brick
flat arches set in 2-storey brick panels, an inserted third window at first
floor, and a storey band. Stepped brick plinth and dentil eaves course is
repeated on road front. Right side of rear range has a full-width out shut.
Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SU5947592749
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings